You also agree not to:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or sell any part of our Websites or the Law-Now Services, except as permitted by these Terms and Conditions;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt: our Websites, the Law-Now Services, other services, our computer systems, equipment, software, or any areas of our networks which are identified as restricted;
- modify, access or make available data stored on a computer or device which you have accessed through our network, when either: the owner of the data, computer or device has taken steps to prevent you from doing this, or the owner has expressed a wish that you do not do this;
- make available or upload files that contain software, other material, data or information not owned by or licensed to you, or collect information about others without their prior consent;
- impersonate another person, use a false name or name you are unauthorised to use, create a false identity or e-mail address, try to mislead us or others as to the identity or origin of any communications, or to provide inaccurate or unreliable contact details; or
- falsify true ownership of software or other material or information contained in a file made available via our Websites or the Law-Now Services or other services.
When you are asked to provide information in connection with the Websites or the Law-Now Services or other services, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete details. It may not be possible to provide you with the Law-Now Services if you do not provide the minimum mandatory information required. You do not have to provide us with any optional information requested. Mandatory information is usually indicated by the presence of an asterisk.
Viruses and compatibility
We have taken steps to detect computer viruses but we cannot guarantee that our Websites and the Law-Now Services are virus-free. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which occurs as a result of any virus, including without limitation any distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other materials. You are responsible for protecting your computer systems from exposure to viruses by the use of anti-virus software, firewalls and any other technical measures. We give no warranties as to the compatibility of our Websites or the Law-Now Services with your computer systems, software and/or hardware. You must not misuse our Websites by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attack our Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack, or in any other way. By breaching this section on Viruses and Compatibility, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
Our Websites are owned by CMS Legal Services EEIG and the copyright in the materials on these Websites is owned by CMS EEIG, Law Now Limited and contributing CMS member firms. Law-Now and any other names, images and logos identifying CMS are proprietary trade marks of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP and CMS Legal Services EEIG.
You may access, download, print and make occasional copies of materials published on these Websites or provided as part of the Law-Now Services for yourself and/or others, and share these materials with others, provided that you do so free of charge, the copyright notices on this material remain intact, and your communication of the content is not misleading or inaccurate. You may also download our app-style icons to your desktop or mobile device, for easy access to our Law-Now offerings. No other use of the materials published on our Websites or provided as part of the Law-Now Services is permitted without the express prior written consent of CMS EEIG. Requests for permission should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. All rights reserved.
Privacy and cookies
(and our Cookies Policy
Third party websites and linking
Our Websites may contain links to other websites over which we have no control. Neither CMS EEIG nor any of the CMS member firms accept responsibility or liability for the operation or content of such websites. Please review the terms and conditions of other websites before using them. Links to our Websites are not permitted without the prior and express written consent of CMS EEIG.
We reserve the right to limit or terminate your access to all or part of the Websites, and/or the Law-Now Services, with or without notice, for any reason and at any time.
Please note that we may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice. Where we change or amend these Terms and Conditions, we will publish the updated Terms and Conditions on our Websites and/or otherwise notify you of them. Any changes will take effect immediately upon publication. We encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this paragraph shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
and Cookies Policy) are governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these Websites.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, or if you would like to receive a hard-copy version of these Terms and Conditions you can contact us on the details provided below:
CMS Legal Services EEIG c/o CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP
78 Cannon Street,
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7367 3000
If your details change, please let us know. You can amend your personal details online via the Manage your Law-Now page or the Manage your RegZone
page or you can contact email@example.com