The Senior Managers and Certification Regime – HR aspects – are you up to speed?
18 October 2018
The impact of the SMCR on exits
We will be holding the fourth and final webinar in our series "The Senior Managers and Certification Regime - HR impact - are you up to speed?" on Wednesday 24 October 2018 12:15 – 13:00 (UK time) in which we will consider the impact of the SMCR on exits.
The termination of a relationship to which the SMCR applies triggers a number of actions for a firm’s HR, legal and compliance functions. We will consider the key regulatory considerations around exits, both those that are contentious and those that are amicable, including:
- the steps a firm could take at the outset of the relationship that will strengthen its position when it comes to termination;
- reallocation of senior manager responsibilities;
- handover issues in relation to senior managers and certified and conduct staff;
- discussions around settlement and negotiating compliant terms.
We will also cover a number of case studies looking at practical points such as:
- the impact of regulatory notifications on settlement negotiations and ensuring consistency of message across firm functions;
- dealing with regulatory reference requests where there are performance or conduct issues;
- balancing the obligations to the firm’s staff and the regulators.
This webinar will be useful both for those getting ready for the regime and those already operating in it; we very much hope you will be able to join us. If you would like to register, please click here.
Back to top