Emerging Europe M&A report 2018/2019
CMS is pleased to announce the Emerging Europe M&A Report 2018/19, published in cooperation with EMIS, is now available.
The report provides deal statistics from 15 emerging markets across CEE/SEE, based on EMIS data from 2012-2018. It also includes an analysis of the latest trends and developments across the region.
Key findings include:
- 12.5% increase in deal value across emerging Europe year on year, hitting a total of EUR 80.5bn in 2018;
- Deal volume virtually flat with a 0.9% decrease year on year;
- Real Estate the most active sector with 432 deals, up 10.8% from 2017;
- Telecoms & IT sector with the highest total deal value at 18.18bn;
- Russia with the highest number of deals (605) followed by Poland (323);
- USA as the top foreign investor by volume (89 deals);
- UK as the top foreign investor by value (total value of 9.77bn).
We hope you will find the report useful. Please get in touch with our CEE M&A team who would be pleased to discuss findings in further detail.
To download a copy of the report, please click the ‘Download publication’ button.