This article was produced by Olswang LLP, which joined with CMS on 1 May 2017.
This webinar, recorded by Olswang LLP on 18 October 2016, discusses the public consultation issued by MAS on its proposed activity-based licensing framework and governance body, the National Payments Council. The proposals will re-shape the payments landscape in Singapore significantly and is a major development not just for financial services institutions and fintech companies in Singapore but e-commerce businesses more generally.
This panel discussion is moderated by Lakshanthi Fernando, Managing Director of Holborn Law, with Christopher Overton, Principal Associate in Olswang Asia and Jeremy Tan, Counsel at Holborn Law, as panellists.
The session covers:
- What do you need to know about the proposals and what has changed?
- What are the new licensed activities and who is affected?
- What do they mean for financial service institutions, payments intermediaries and other industry participants?
- What is the National Payments Council and who will be represented?
- What MAS trends can we identify and how will the new proposals now take shape?