The Competition Act 1998 comes fully into force
today, 1st March 2000.
* anti-competitive UK arrangements are
* abuse of a dominant position in the UK is
* fines of up to 10% of turnover (and for up to 3
* the OFT has power to use a warrant to enter and
search your premises, to ask questions, and to take away papers,
computer disks, diaries and other materials
CMS Cameron McKenna's most recent survey, published
on 1 December 1999, found that dozens of major companies had taken
no positive steps to prepare for the legislation.
How will you survive the new competition regime?
* come to our competition law reforms briefings and
seminars (details on our website)
* ask about our Competition Survival Pack.
For further information please contact competition
partner Susan Hankey by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or dd. 0207 367