Kernel: The Scotland Food and Drink Bulletin
Welcome to the third edition of Kernel, our Scotland food and drink bulletin. In Kernel, we examine current legal issues affecting the Scottish food and drink industry and provide bitesize articles on key developments.
In this issue, we consider the following:
- The effect of Health, Food Safety and Hygiene Guidelines on the food and drink sector;
- Doing Business in China;
- How food and drink companies can best protect their online reputation;
- The introduction of new rights for third parties in Scotland and their potential effects;
- An analysis of the recent Sheriff Court decision discussing cinema alcohol licences in NATL Amusements (UK) Ltd v North Lanarkshire Licensing Board; and
- Whether written agreements including an anti-oral variation clause can be varied by other means, referring to the Supreme Court decision in Rock Advertising Limited v MWB Business Exchange Centres Limited.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues in this edition of Kernel or wish to provide any feedback, please contact Alison McCartney at firstname.lastname@example.org.