Kernel: The Scotland Food and Drink Bulletin
Welcome to the second edition of Kernel, our Scotland food and drink bulletin. In Kernel, we examine current legal issues affecting the Scottish food and drink industry and provide bitesize articles on key developments.
In this issue, we consider the following:
- The Supreme Court decision regarding “minimum pricing” for alcohol in Scotland;
- The General Data Protection Regulation – how its implementation will affect the food and drink industry and what organisations can do to prepare;
- Differentiating between a licence to occupy and a lease and why this is important to the upcoming “Pop-Up” industry;
- The abolition of employment tribunal fees as ruled in the recent case of R (on the application of Unison) v Lord Chancellor; and
- New corporate offences for failure to prevent the facilitation of UK and foreign tax evasion.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues in this edition of Kernel or wish to provide any feedback, please contact Alison McCartney at email@example.com.