Adding another layer of complexity to GDPR is that e-privacy regulation is right around the corner. The GDPR was created to enhance protection of personal data, whilst the e-privacy regulation relates more to a person’s private life. How should businesses reconcile and account for this? We will analyse the interaction of both regulations and explain what to expect.
Tom de Cordier
CMS webinar series - Final Countdown to GDPR
With GDPR taking effect across the European Union in May 2018, privacy compliance has risen up the agenda for all businesses handling personal data. Our free weekly webinars in this series will take a practical look at the changes you need to make in the final countdown.
With perspectives from our data experts from CMS offices across Europe, our topics are:
- Meeting GDPR requirements: a look at how businesses are preparing
- The role of data protection officers
- Data processing: updating and establishing your agreements
- Handling data breaches
- Lawfulness of processing, consent and legitimate interests
- The ePrivacy Regulation: current state of play and what to expect
- Cybersecurity and GDPR: where are we heading?
Choose the topics of most interest to you, or sign up for the whole series.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your colleagues.
Recordings will be available on our website after the event.