Senior Insurance Managers Regime
About this course
This course highlights the individual responsibility for all staff working for an insurer and or reinsurance firm within the scope of Solvency II  in the UK that came into force March 2016. The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have now launched the Senior Insurance Managers Regime (SIMR).
Who is it for?
- This course is aimed at Senior Managers who are responsible for a controlled function at a UK insurer.
- This will often comprise the top layer of executive management and all directors other than a notified non-executive directors (NNED).
- Known as Senior Insurance Management Function (SIMF) holders or significant influence function holders, they must be pre-approved by the PRA or the FCA.
This course's main objective is to ensure that both your organisation and each involved individual adhere to the rules and regulations arising from the new Senior Insurance Managers Regime. This course will cover the following chapters:
- An introduction to the regime and what it involves
- Who will the managers be and the key function holders
- Persons performance of key functions
- Fitness and Propriety
- An introduction to the general conduct rules and who this applies to
- End of module knowledge check (multiple choice quiz)
 The Society of Lloyd’s and managing agents and Insurance Special Purpose Vehicles (IPSVs) are also subject to the SIMR in part.
 under section 59 FSMA.
This module will take 30-40 minutes to complete.
- can be published to most e-learning formats
- SCORM 1.2 compliant
- multi-device compatible
- fully customisable
- available for translation into any language
- compatible on most Learning Management Systems (LMS) for full tracking and reporting.